As we move into the autumn season, salad remains a refreshing and healthy meal choice. Gordon Ramsay — noted chef and the star of “Hell’s Kitchen” — shares his recipe for a beautiful salad made using the Philips Airfryer. If you can’t find cauliflower in all three colours, simply use a single one — the results will be less colourful but just as delicious.
Air-Fried Vegetable Salad with Chimichurri Vinaigrette
- 1/2 head white cauliflower, cut into small bite-size florets
- 1/2 head yellow cauliflower, cut into small bite-size florets
- 1/2 head purple cauliflower, cut into small bite-size florets
- 3 small red beets, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch (6 mm) wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 head frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (4 oz/125 g) baby arugula
- 6 breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch mint, thinly slivered
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz/60 ml) red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz/125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 360F (182C). Place the cauliflower florets in three separate bowls, one for each colour. Put the beets in a separate bowl. Season the cauliflower and beets with salt and pepper and drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. Toss to coat.
2. Arrange the white cauliflower in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the Airfryer. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring the cauliflower once halfway through. Transfer to a baking sheet to let cool. Repeat with yellow and purple cauliflower.
3. Arrange the beets in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes until fork-tender, turning once halfway through. Transfer to a baking sheet to let cool.
4. Coarsely chop the cilantro, parsley and chives and place in a blender. Add the garlic, shallot, vinegar, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Turn the blender on high speed and, with the motor running, slowly add the olive oil. Purée until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add more lemon juice if desired.
5. To assemble the salad, in a large serving bowl toss together the cauliflower and beets. Add the vinaigrette to taste and toss to coat the vegetables. Add the frisée and arugula, drizzle with a little more dressing and toss again to coat. Garnish with the radishes and mint and serve immediately.
Tip: You won’t need all of the dressing, but the leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Use it to dress your favourite salad or as a dip for crudités.
Visit www.philips.ca/c-p/HD9220_26/viva-collection-airfryer-with-rapid-air-technology to learn more about the Philips Airfryer.